Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Marder II

After experimenting with painting camouflage a few months ago, I finally worked up the courage to try it on a vehicle. I picked up two Marder II's on eBay for a steal back in September, so I finally set to work.

Instead of using the standard late war red, green and dark yellow camouflage, I decided to mix it up and substitute the latter with classic Panzer grey (which was authorized, but seldom seen I understand). Sadly I failed to capture any photos of it before I winterized the model.



To winterize the Marder II, I dabbed toothpaste on the model and covered up certain areas (like the tracks and crew compartment) with masking tape before giving it a light spray of white paint. After the tape and toothpaste was removed, and the model allowed to dry, I lined the recesses with watered down grey paint.

The final result is a tank destroyer that's ready to see some service on the Eastern Front!

No comments:

Post a Comment